in: Company News
Are you making a plan to implement mobility into your operations? If not, why not? Mobility is here to stay. It is transforming businesses by offering greater efficiency, reduced costs, and improved customer satisfaction. If your business is experiencing rapid growth, increased competitive pressures, or changing market dynamics, mobile capabilities can be an effective means to help you meet these demands.
An effective mobile enterprise strategy should include these four steps.
When you are ready to embrace mobility with your enterprise resource planning system, here are four steps that will help your implementation be effective.
- Use mobility as the primary data access. Rather than making mobility a secondary data access method, enable mobility for all of your data access and reporting. A universal but secure access point will enable your employees, customers, or vendors, access to the applications and data they need to solve problems and meet objectives.
- Set goals and measure results. Mobility offers many benefits and you should be sure that you are getting them. When you set goals and measure the effectiveness of your mobility program, you will be better able to take advantage of mobility advantages.
- Leverage your enterprise resource planning system. An integrated ERP with a central location for data is an important piece of your mobility platform. It is essential to have central control over data to ensure access, compatibility, and security. Leveraging cloud ERP with built-in web capabilities will make mobility implementation even easier.
- Embrace BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). While many businesses originally pushed back against BYOD, today the majority are allowing it. There are many benefits to BYOD including lower technology costs; however, it also requires that you set policies in place regarding security and application support.
An effective mobile enterprise strategy requires the right tools.
Mindover Software offers tools and education to help you implement mobility in your business. Acumatica Cloud ERP is a cloud-based enterprise resource planning system that provides full support for mobile access. The latest release, Acumatica 5.3, has even more mobile capabilities. Employees can enter, review, and approve orders from any device at any time. Sage 100 and Sage 300 support mobility as well. With Sage 100 2016 and Sage 300 2016, users can access the software through any device and have a complete web experience for browsing and entering data.
Learn more about mobile enterprise resource planning.
For more education on mobile ERP, take a look at some of our previous articles on mobility.
- Mobility is a Key Requirement for Enterprise Resource Planning Systems—Discover which mobile capabilities you should consider when you are adding mobility to your enterprise resource planning system.
- Mobile Enterprise Resource Planning Systems Impact All Areas of Business—Learn more about the advantages of implementing mobility across all business functions including human resources, sales and marketing.
- Warehousing and Distribution Efficiency Gains with Mobility—Explore how mobile devices can be used across the entire supply chain to increase productivity and improve margins.
- Mobility is a Key Priority in Manufacturing Solutions—Learn about the benefits of integrating mobile technology with your manufacturing solution.
Are you ready to make mobility a central part of your enterprise resource planning and business strategy? Contact us to get started. Mindover Software can help you analyze where you are today and make a plan for getting where you want to be. Whether you are using Acumatica Cloud ERP, Sage 100, Sage 300 or another system altogether, we can help you move forward with your mobility plans.