Published on: November 06, 2018
The new Acumatica 2018 offers enhanced features in almost every area. Better usability, efficiency, and more are packed into the Acumatica package that small to medium-sized businesses love. It’s an ERP package that offers exceptional value. Let’s look at some of the new features of Acumatica 2018 and how they can help your business.
Acumatica 2018 Updates
There are many updates and additions to Acumatica 2018. These include enhancements to the basic package to improve mobile functionality, new reporting features and much more.
- The xRP Platform: Enhanced mobile functionality is the name of the game with the 2018 package. The xRP platform includes improvements such as push notifications, navigation, and customized updates. Targeted pop-up notes, branch navigation, and improved date management solve many pesky problems from the old software to make this much friendlier to use.
- Reporting: Generic Inquiries are now displayed next to pivot tables, which helps users move more efficiently between asks. A side panel in the Generic Inquiry function helps you manage the details of specific records in an inquiry on the same screen. If you create and distribute regular reporting packages to your teams, the 2018 package lets you string together various reports to make custom packages. Such packages can be created in XML or PDF, so you can build what you need.
- Usability enhancements: A new Welcome page with links to helpful resources improves the usability of the base package. Additionally, productivity assistance through pop-up notes, and better navigation between companies and branches offers a streamlined approach to managing your accounting, finances, and operations.
- Functionality enhancements: Acumatica has improved its functionality with the ability to close financial reporting periods on different dates for companies within the same tenant. If you have various business lines with closings at different dates, this function makes it easier to calculate and manage each reporting line. The new tax calculator is also great if you report taxes across multiple taxation jurisdictions. Additional features also help with ASC 606 compliance and deferred revenue recognition.
- Project accounting: The updated project accounting sections include the ability to figure labor cost rates as well as project labor costs. This is now integrated with payroll, so you can move information from costs into payroll as needed. The new project quotes feature also simplifies project sales and pricing. Both now support complex price quotes, which is great if your business creates many complex quotes in a year.
- Productivity: New mobile features enhance the synchronization of data input from mobile devices. Sales teams or anyone who enters data on the go can now be assured that data entered from the field syncs quickly with headquarters. Type an order into the system at a customer location, watch it populate back at headquarters. Then, convert it into a project.
- CRM: Many businesses use Microsoft Outlook to manage email. The new Acumatica 2018 links CRM functions with Outlook so you can share one contact base between systems. The A Portal setup displays financial documents associated with all companies and branches, so you can see at a glance a customer’s activities in one screen. Clients with multiple companies and branches can better control information that is visible to specific customers.
- GDPR compliance: GDPR compliance can be complicated, but not so with Acumatia. The new system helps with GDPR compliance and privacy questions.
Acumatica also offers industry-specific editions for distribution, manufacturing, field service, commerce, and construction. These use the base Acumatica package but include features unique to the industry. For example, the construction package includes conversion from RFIs to change requests and time-tracking for the construction industry, which may differ from other sectors.
If you’re looking for a dependable and flexible cloud ERP, look no further than Acumatica. Its browser-based software makes it easy to deploy, integrate, and yes, update—with Acumatica 2018. Call us today to learn more.
Mindover Software is a gold-certified Acumatica reseller with a broad range of accounting, ERP, finance, customer relationship management, and other software products. For more information about Acumatica or other software needs, please contact us or call 512-990-3994.