Published on: November 03, 2020
Acumatica Commerce Edition is the number one choice for companies serious about adding an ERP in ecommerce solution. It offers excellent reporting capabilities, easy integration with most shopping cart solutions, and a robust accounting package that can take your business to the next level.
Capitalize on the Ecommerce Increase
Why upgrade or update your ecommerce solution to Acumatica Commerce Edition? Because ecommerce is smoking hot right now. The coronavirus pandemic has encouraged the ecommerce rush to turn into a tidal wave of sales to the tune of $347.26 billion for U.S. retailers in the first six months of 2020. That number reflects 301% growth over the same period in 2019. For comparison, the 2019-2018 ecommerce growth rate was 12% —a healthy number, to be sure, but not as jaw-droppingly impressive as this year’s figure.
And, if you’re imagining families shopping for groceries online or bored work-from-home types finally deciding to ditch the ugly wall art they’ve had to stare at for six months during Zoom calls from the living room, think again. The biggest ecommerce category was books, videos, and music; but other categories, including office supplies, furniture, and technology, as well as auto and other machine parts, fared well, too. B2B sales are expected to also surge, a snowball effect created by the overall rise in ecommerce sales.
Altogether, this is great news for online retailers. None of us want to see the pandemic continue. But while it does, retailers have a unique opportunity to capitalize on the need for online shopping. Savvy retailers who embrace ERP in ecommerce will not only survive the lockdown periods, but thrive. In order to make sure your company maximizes its sales capabilities, having the right ERP in ecommerce software is imperative.
Complementary White Paper: Roadmap to Ecommerce Success
If you’re looking at your sales figures and wondering where your slice of the ecommerce pie went, this complementary white paper from Acumatica can help. Download “Roadmap to Ecommerce Success” today. You’ll learn more about seller types (which we’ll explore in a moment) as well as must-have features for ecommerce success and more. Grab your copy today.
5 Questions to Ask Before Embracing an ERP in Ecommerce Solution
As you start to explore the many ecommerce solutions available on the market, you may wonder how to choose the best ERP solution for your needs. Each company needs different features, but some needs are similar for all ecommerce companies, no matter what products you sell. The following five questions can help you narrow down your choice of an ecommerce ERP solution.
- How many options do you offer customers?
Products may be available in limited size, color, and material options or may have many options. You may deal with only a dozen SKUs or thousands. Review your inventory list and note the number, quantity, and variety of options among your products. Most ERP for ecommerce systems will say they can accommodate variables like different colors or sizes, but some definitely handle variations better than others. Starting off with a system that’s suited to selling 10 sizes and 15 colors of t-shirts is better than trying to customize a system that may be better suited to products with limited choices.
- How do you handle products with variations in your accounting?
Discuss how you wish to handle product sales with your accounting and finance team. Bring them into the process of evaluating ERP systems so the system not only does what product, marketing, and operations managers want it to, but also what it needs to do as far as accounting and finance reporting.
- Do you sell globally or only to specific countries?
Worldwide sales need to accommodate different languages as well as tax requirements. Tracking international shipping and taxes can be burdensome without the right software.
- How do you plan to manage online fulfillment?
If you work with a third-party logistics carrier or a distribution center, it’s important to choose a cloud-based ERP. This enables login from any web browser. Logistics companies and distribution warehouses can work easily with such an ERP. Data will also be updated throughout the company’s systems so anyone working on the order can view details on how and when it shipped.
- What is your company’s average return rate?
Handling returns can be tricky, but some ERP systems make it a breeze. If returns are common, look into the ease with which you can process returns through the ERP in ecommerce solution.
As you meet with various ERP resellers, ask these and other questions. Compare the responses and speak with current users to see if their answers align with the answers you receive from the ERP salesperson.
5 Important Ecommerce Solution Features You Need
Ecommerce solutions offer so much more than a simple shopping cart. Did you know they can help with your product marketing, too? Consider the following features that may help your sales grow:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) features: Some shopping carts include search engine optimization features. When used properly, these features help your products appear higher in search engine rankings. This can help you sell a lot more products. There’s a steep drop-off in click throughs from URLs in the first position rank in search engine results versus second, third or lower ranks. Putting effort behind SEO can pay off in higher sales, especially if you have the right ecommerce software.
- Abandoned cart saver: The average abandoned shopping cart rate is 67.57%. Decreasing this rate can significantly improve revenues. Ecommerce tools that help you market products abandoned in carts to the people who left the site can help convert them into sales.
- Credit card and payment processors: Consumers prefer flexible payment options, such as the choice between paying by credit card, check, PayPal, or other payment gateways. The more payment options you can offer, the better your chance of closing sales.
- Nuanced or faceted search: Faceted or nuanced search refers to multiple feature filters, often available in a drop-down menu. These filters help customers narrow down search results and are often using in fashion marketing to help customers see what’s available in their preferred size or color. If your sales benefit from such searches, consider ecommerce software that offers customized faceted search.
- Responsive themes: Websites today must be mobile-first to ensure good Google and other search engine ranking. Among mobile phone users, 79% use their phones to buy products online. Choosing ecommerce ERP solutions and shopping carts that cater to mobile users continues to be a very important factor and can influence sales.
Other things to consider include the cost of the ERP solution’s license—is it monthly, annual, or seat based? Not every company charges the same way, so it may be challenging to compare them. Typically, if your company faces seasonal staffing increases or works with third party logistic providers, an unlimited seat-based license works in your favor.
Acumatica Commerce Edition: The Number One Choice for Growing E-Retailers
With so many ERP choices available, it can be challenging to review several and make a final decision. We recommend Acumatica Commerce Edition to many small and mid-sized ecommerce companies for several reasons.
First, the Acumatica ecommerce solution enables you to manage nearly all ecommerce functions from one integrated ERP portal. Pricing, inventory management, pick/pack/ship, and other steps in the ecommerce process can be handled through the robust Acumatica dashboard.
Acumatica’s cloud-based deployment also handles multiple locations with ease. Real-time data feeds to the ERP system so that the accounting team in Arizona can view the items in stock in the Florida warehouse with ease.
Lastly, Acumatica offers the ability to connect the ecommerce ERP system to any storefront. Acumatica welcomes third-party developers and has a huge suite of tools to help with any ecommerce deployment. It’s known in the software business as being a great company to work with ecommerce companies and has a long history of providing exceptional technology to help ecommerce companies grow.
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your current ERP in ecommerce solution or launching a new business, the time has never been better to undertake ecommerce activities. Speak with a solutions expert at Mindover Software today to find out more about Acumatica ERP.
Contact us or call 512-990-3994.