Acumatica software can help you foster a complete culture of digital transformation. What is a culture of digital transformation? It is one in which technology becomes embedded into the overall corporate culture to the effect that it is indispensable.
Are You Adding Technology—or Changing Corporate Culture?
Adding productivity tools such as Acumatica software can be viewed under very different lenses. On the one hand, you are adding a powerful tool that enables you to do so much more using technology. Acumatica software is an enterprise resource planning tool that offers several suites to meet your company’s needs:
- Financial Management Suite
- Distribution Management Suite
- Customer Management Suite
- Project Accounting Suite
On the other hand, you could view each of these suites as a distinctive problem-solving software. The Customer Management Suite enables you to interact more efficiently with your customers; Project Accounting lets you manage budgets against projects.
Yet, to view the powerful packages found in Acumatica software as merely “problem solving tools” is a viewpoint which lacks a fundamental understanding of the power of ERP software. It’s more than a quick fix for what ails your company. It can be the impetus for a sea change in how you view data, how you transact business, and the mindset with which your company approaches business challenges.
ERP as Transformative Software
Everyone from the top down in an organization must be in sync about the reasons why you are adding ERP to your company.
ERP does change how people work, but it also changes the fundamentals of many approaches to business problems and challenges. ERP can transform how your company approaches:
- Managing data
- Making decisions
- Setting (and reaching) goals
- Pursuing opportunities
- Providing customer service
- Collaborating with vendors
- And so much more
Each of these elements represents a shift in how everyone on your staff approaches their job.
Let’s take “making decisions” as an example. Consider how decisions are made within your organization today. Do managers or C-suite executives make all the decisions?
With ERP software, data can be shared easily and quickly with everyone in your organization. The same data available to managers and C-level executives can be viewed by everyone on the team. Those performing customer service functions can now view past and present customer service data and make informed decisions based on that data. They can provide better service because they do not have to wait to be told what to do; they are empowered by the data available to them to respond promptly and efficiently to customer needs.
Data alone doesn’t transform an organization, but an overall approach to data does. ERP software shifts the dynamic from a passive reception of data to an active use of data. This, in turn, changes how everyone in your company interacts with data, software, and technology.
Technology becomes a friend, a helper, a source of information rather than a tool in and of itself. It becomes an integral part of how your company functions. Then it does what it promises to do—it transforms the company culture.
Digital Transformation Success
To welcome and embrace the changes wrought by a digital transformation strategy, it helps to keep in mind the following best practices.
- Establish and share a digital blueprint with the company: It’s not enough to add software. Examine how and where it fits into your business strategy and plans. Build technology into the strategy as an integral component, not as an afterthought.
- Lead by example: Company leaders must not only be onboard with the plans for digital transformation but must lead the charge. It’s not enough for them to sign the checks and rubber stamp the activities. They must be the first to demonstrate how software can improve the workplace and enhance the company culture.
- Provide adequate training: Adequate staff training is also a “must” when it comes to digital transformation. Make sure that everyone understands how to use the software as well as why they’re using it. In fact, the why might be more important than the how when it comes to digital transformation. The more you can get everyone on board with the concept of digital transformation, the better off your company will be.
Digital transformation takes time but the results are worth it. The latest MIT Sloane Business Management and Deloitte study indicates that companies who are digitally mature offer their workers more skills than other companies. This makes them competitive in their bid for the best workers, who see these companies as a benefit to their own career needs. Clearly adopting a digital transformation strategy is a winning move for companies eager to stay ahead of their competition.
Mindover Software is a software reseller with a broad range of accounting, ERP, finance, customer relationship management and other software products, including Acumatica software. For more information about Acumatica or other software needs, please contact us or call 512-990-3994.