Published on: July 24, 2014
in: Company News
How does your company currently handle the approval process? Do approval requests sit on your desk or in your email inbox for days on end, or are you handling them as soon as they are sent? What influences your decision to approve or reject an approval request? Do you have a defined process in place? Are you aware of each employee’s history of requests? Can you see how many requests he or she has submitted in the past year?
All of these are important questions that cannot be answered if you do not have an automated business process workflow in place. Simply having a sequential order for project completion is not enough; you need an automated process that allows you to keep track of each piece of work and the processes involved. Without it, you are wasting valuable time seeking approval, searching for documents, and tracking down project leaders for status updates.
Sage 300 ERP (formerly Sage Accpac) allows you to experience the benefits of complete business process automation so you don’t have to dedicate any more time than necessary tracking down project statuses. With the click of a button, you can find the answers to any of your questions about project approval, status or completion. Take a look at how business process automation through Sage 300 ERP can change your life:
- Streamlined communication. Keeping track of all the emails and documents that come across your desk on a daily basis is next to impossible without an automated system. Yes, you can write down important tasks on a Post It note or add it to your growing tasks list in Outlook, but then you’ll have to remember that you wrote these down. With workflow automation in Sage 300 ERP, you have one streamlined method of communication and a common dashboard with which to organize all of your tasks and requests, along with important details such as project status, project leader and other important notes. Communicating with project leaders is easy and all of the information you need is right there. You don’t even need to know who the project lead is or their email id!
- Cost savings through improved accuracy and efficiency. When you don’t have an automated workflow in place, errors and inefficiencies reign. We forget approval deadlines, miss payment due dates, and enter inaccurate data into the system, putting our business at risk for financial loss as a result. An automated workflow can help you minimize these errors and protect your company’s finances from unexpected loss. Sage 300 ERP keeps track of approval deadlines and payment due dates for you so you don’t have to worry about missing anything important. It also automates the data entry process, eliminating manual errors and improving your overall accuracy.
- Accountability. With an automated workflow system, you have everything you need in front of you to see who is responsible for what process. This enforces a culture of accountability within your company. Because Sage 300 ERP keeps track of every process, the excuses of “I never received that email” or “I lost that memo” are things of the past.
- Insight into your business processes. Sage 300 ERP gives you the insight you need into your business processes to create better and more effective processes. Simply automating your processes is not enough; you need to analyze your processes periodically to ensure that they are working properly. If not, it’s time to create new processes that work. With Sage 300 ERP, you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision.
- Clear approval hierarchy. An automated workflow system allows you to easily identify who is “in charge” of approval. Each process has its own specific approval hierarchy that can be tracked easily in Sage 300 ERP, eliminating the need to track down key personnel to find out to whom you need to submit your approval.
If your business could benefit from this type of automation, give us a call today at (866) 990-3994.