How to Streamline using Distribution Software
Businesses have decided, over the past few years, that inventory management is a top priority in our global and increasing widespread business world. Because of this, businesses are now emphasizing the need to find effective technology solutions designed to streamline company processes and improve manufacturing and distribution software. Even with a variety of distribution software options available, the most popular solution for businesses wishing to increase efficiency and accuracy is barcoding.
Barcoding technology provides businesses with full control over their inventory which allows them to more effectively forecast the amount of inventory needed to fulfill future orders. Barcoding gives managers instant visibility, allowing them to make informed business decisions. The benefits of barcoding, however, are not simply felt on the warehouse floor. With the right solution and an effective enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, barcoding can transform your business into the successful company you’ve always envisioned.
Here are a few business benefits you can experience from barcoding:
- Improved Efficiency. Considering the fact that barcoding provides a faster and more accurate way for capturing data, companies who implement barcode scanners see a reduction in the time spent on the data entry process and follow-up error resolution. Barcoding streamlines inventory management tasks, helping you to improve your overall efficiency in the warehouse. This allows your staff to focus on more critical tasks while continuing to respond to the needs of your customers.
- More Accurate Data. Barcoding automates the data entry process and virtually eliminates human errors in the data entry process. When you integrate barcode technology with your ERP software, you can be certain that your data is always accurate. This can help you create more effective reports and give your executives confidence in the area of decision-making.
- Improved Decision-Making. Having access to real-time information is life-altering for any business. Barcoding allows companies to capture information effortlessly and pass it on to their ERP system where the data can be viewed in real-time through a variety of reports and graphs. This allows managers and executives to obtain the information they need to make quick and effective decisions for the business.
- Improved Visibility. When used correctly, barcoding can help you track the progression of inventory throughout your warehouse from the moment it hits the receiving floor. When integrated with your company’s ERP software, your managers have instant visibility into your warehouse. Improved visibility has the potential to impact many areas of your business including customer service. When you know exactly where your products are located in the inventory process, you can relay the correct information to your customers and keep them happy.
- Cost Reduction. The ultimate benefit of barcoding technology is the cost savings it provides businesses. Barcoding has helped many manufacturers and distributors save hundreds upon thousands of dollars in terms of inventory and equipment costs. While there will certainly be an initial investment for barcoding hardware and software, the return on investment will be capitalized upon very quickly.
At Mindover Software, we could go on and on about the benefits of barcoding. If you are interested in learning more about how barcoding can improve your company’s productivity and profitability and become one of the most powerful distribution software solutions you have, contact us today.