In order to reduce check fraud, banks have been requiring businesses to utilize Positive Pay files. Sage 100 ERP (formerly Sage ERP MAS 90 and Sage ERP MAS 200) includes a Positive Pay process whereby you configure and export positive pay records for your business. In this article, we will show you how to export a Positive Pay file after your checks have been printed.
To export a Positive Pay file, you will need to:
- Click on Bank Reconciliation – Main – Positive Pay Export. Highlight the correct setting and click Proceed.
- Make a note of where the export path is (you will need this for future reference) and ensure the information contained in the selection grid is valid.
- Click Print or Preview to review the records that will be included in the file.
- Once you’ve reviewed and printed the report, you will see the following confirmation box. Click “Yes” if you want the export process to be performed.
- Finally, go to the folder where the file was exported (the export path), locate the correct file, and send it to the bank based upon their requirements.
It’s as simple as that!
Stay tuned to our blog for additional Sage 100 ERP tips and tricks, and if you have a question you’d like answered, let us know in the comments!