Sage 100 ERP Tips and Tricks: Moving Invoices from One Vendor to Another
Have you ever entered an invoice against the wrong vendor in Sage 100 ERP (formerly Sage ERP MAS 90/Sage ERP MAS 200)? If so, you understand the frustration of having to go in and change the information in your Sage 100 ERP system. If you’re looking for an easy way to move invoices to the correct vendor, we’re here to help. Keep the following information in mind next time you accidently record an invoice against the wrong vendor.
The following invoice (Invoice No. 76455) was entered using the incorrect vendor number. The correct vendor is 01-UNITED.
- To begin, you will need to go to Accounts Payable – Main – Vendor Maintenance, and select the correct vendor for the specific invoice. Check the box next to Credit Card Vendor.
- Click on Accounts Payable – Main – Invoice Data Entry, and select the correct vendor. Make sure to enter the correct invoice number, invoice date and amount. After you’ve entered the correct information, click on the Lines tab.
- Click on the Transfer Information button.
- Select the vendor where the invoice was inadvertently entered, the invoice and the amount. Click on OK to process.
- Click Accept on the A/P Invoice Data Entry screen.
- Go to Accounts Payable – Main – Vendor Maintenance, and enter the correct vendor. Once you’ve entered the correct vendor, unselect the Credit Card Vendor box and click Accept.
Stay tuned to our blog for more Sage 100 ERP tips and tricks.