Acumatica 5.1 is Here!
New Enhancements and Features Added to Acumatica Cloud ERP
If you haven’t heard, Acumatica recently released the latest version of their successful Cloud ERP solution, Acumatica 5.1. The newest version of Acumatica includes several new and exciting features and improvements to aid in your business management and help you accomplish your productivity goals. With these improvements, Acumatica will run faster and stronger than ever so you can reach your true business potential.
In addition to improvements made to the Distribution, Finance and CRM modules, Acumatica 5.1 now includes “Feature Switches” that allow you to turn off currently unused application functionality until you need it. This cleans up your workspace and allows you to focus on only the tasks that need your direct attention.
Here’s a look at just a few of the improvements made to Acumatica Cloud ERP:
Finance and Distribution
- Sales Order Prepayment Option. Acumatica Cloud ERP software users can now create a prepayment on the Payments tab of Sales Orders. This will be a great help for companies with web order integrations where payments are collected through eCommerce websites.
- Sales Order Approval. Specific sales orders can now be automatically assigned to those employees authorized to perform approvals.
- Invoicing Billable Time through Contracts without CRM. The Time & Expenses module has been updated to allow billing for time of employee activities through a contract (even when CRM is disabled).
- Changes to Deferred Revenue. There have been several improvements made in the Deferred Revenue module in order to comply with U.S. accounting practices. These changes address the revenue recognition of mixing tangible products, like a computer, with intangible products, like software.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Email Activity Archival Process. Emails can now be archived automatically by configuring the archival period on the Email Preferences form.
- Email Notification for New Case Activity. This features is completely new in Acumatica 5.1. Notifications can be sent to the case owner when a new note or file is attached to cases from the Self-Service Portal.
- Wiki Management Functionality in Self-Service Portal. Any user who has the access rights for editing wikis can add, delete, edit and manage wiki articles directly from the Self-Service Portal.
For a full list of features and enhancements in Acumatica 5.1, click here.