Published on: March 07, 2017
Choosing an ERP system may be one of the most important decisions you’ll make for your company this year, but you don’t have to make it alone. Enterprise resource planning software can support the long-term health of your business. Assessing the features and benefits of each ERP system and narrowing down your option is a critical step in the process of choosing a system.
Two resources from Acumatica may be helpful during the selection process. Both are free guides that you can download to help you choose your ERP system.
How to Find Out Which ERP Best Fits Your Needs
As you search for an enterprise resource planning system, the similarities among the systems may be frustrating. How do you choose the right system for your needs when the features appear the same?
Appearances, as you may have learned, can be deceiving. Similarities are often just surface-deep. Looking beyond the surface can help you sort the system that is both usable and beneficial for your organization.
In the guide How to Find Out Which ERP Best Fits Your Needs, the team at Acumatica has provided a great checklist to narrow down your choices of ERP systems as you’re doing your due diligence for your company.
Ask yourself the following questions as you examine various ERP systems:
- Functionality: Does this enterprise resource planning system work well for others in your industry? Do the functions match the business requirements you’ve set forth?
- Product maturity: How long has the product been on the market? What is its satisfaction rating among users? Does it appear to be stable and reliable?
- Company: Is the software provider a stable company that will be around to service and upgrade the product in years to come?
- Community: Is there a community of consulting partners, satisfied users, and implementation support? Forums where you can request help? Discussions and conferences to share best practices?
- Truthful advertising: Does the price you’re quoted stack up to scrutiny? Or is a low price masking an inferior product?
These guides provide this and more to help you choose the best ERP system for your needs.
10 Tips for Smarter ERP System Selection
Every company thinks they have the best product on the market, and they’re not shy about saying so. ERP vendors are no different. It can be challenging to wade through the advertising language to get to the heart of the product features from each vendor.
The second downloadable offer, 10 Tips for Smarter ERP System Selection, offers you tips, tricks, and methods to discern fact from fiction when it comes to reading between the lines in an ERP vendor’s materials. These tips will help you evaluate ERP systems to compare them with one another and make the best choice that suits your business needs.
The guide includes tips to help you:
- Understand the main issues that an ERP system solves.
- Make a checklist for your company that’s specific and helpful as you evaluate your choices.
- Evaluate prices and look for hidden prices in low offers.
- Check references to get the truth about vendors.
- Control the demo so you see what you need to, not what vendors want you to.
- Avoid being “penny wise and pound foolish.”
- Create an exceptional team to evaluate the ERP systems.
Make the Best Possible ERP Choice
It can be difficult to choose from among the many enterprise resource planning systems on the market. Hopefully, these guides from Acumatica will make it easier so that you can find the right system to meet your company’s business needs.
Mindover Software provides business software and solutions to companies big and small. We welcome your inquiry and can assist you with your ERP, BI, and warehouse management software needs. Contact us today.