Published on: July 12, 2016
The error ‘unable to connect to analysis server’ is caused by the client machine not being able to access the analysis server which is hosted on Microsoft Azure. Multiple levels of traffic can be blocked.
Current firewall settings are preventing My Workforce Analyzer Analysis functionalities from communicating with the My Workforce Analyzer server.
An exception needs to be made for port 8443 in the firewall for inbound and outbound for the following sites:
UDP and TCP settings should be reviewed.
How to verify port 8443 is open for https://mwa-int.na.sage.com
1. Login as the administrator on the workstation where the user will access MWA from
2. In the Run command prompt, type the following: telnet mwa-int.na.sage.com 8443
3. telnet mwa.na.sage.com 8443
4. If the telnet connection is successful it will result a blank page, otherwise it will display “Connection failed”
Verify exceptions on local workstation anti virus firewall and any group or local policies.
Below are links to tools that can assist with the error unable to connect to analysis server. The last link is to an article to describe different ways to use these tools to diagnose the issue.
• My Workforce Analyzer utilizes Microsoft Azure Servers in order to host the MWA analysis functionalities of the product
• No Sage HRMS data is exposed or passed from your on-premise product to the Microsoft Azure servers
• MWA has been configured to utilize Port 8443 to communicate during the Analysis process with the Microsoft Azure Servers
• Since Microsoft Azure is being used there is no list of IP addresses or server destinations as Azure does not have static IP addresses for the domains.