Published on: May 02, 2017
It’s both exciting and nerve-wracking to be leading an Acumatica ERP implementation project. You know that at the end of the process you’ll have an excellent system in place that will help you improve efficiency throughout your company. But there’s still a ways to go before you can push the proverbial button and launch the new system.
How to make your Acumatica ERP implementation a smashing success is the subject of two free whitepapers available this month from Mindover Software. These whitepapers offer more details on two topics that we believe will help you with your ERP implementation: Building the Best ERP Project Team and Choosing an ERP Implementation Partner. When you’ve got both a great team and a strong implementation partner by your side, you’re set up for the best chance of success with your Acumatica ERP project.
Helpful Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Smooth Acumatica ERP Implementation
Acumatica ERP offers small to mid-sized businesses an affordable, scalable, cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) tool that improves business productivity and management. Through the integration of finance, accounting, and other data, Acumatica ERP provides you with the “big picture” view of your company that can lead to greater insights into your business for better decisions.
Choosing Acumatica ERP is an excellent step. To help your implementation project go smoothly, we’ve collected the following tips, tricks, and helpful hints from others who have implemented Acumatica software in their organizations. Learning from the successes of others is a great way to increase your chances of success. These tips are also shared in further detail in the whitepapers offered above.
- Find an executive sponsor or champion: An executive sponsor or champion can help you secure buy-in for your Acumatica project throughout your company’s executive team. An executive sponsor not only ensures that you have the budget you need for your project but removes potential roadblocks to project success. Their enthusiasm and open support for the project sends a powerful signal throughout your company that this is an important project not just for your department or to you, but to the entire organization.
- Assign a project lead: A project lead is someone within the organization who takes responsibility for developing the potential scope of work, vendor selection, and project coordination. They may be part of the IT department or any department who will use the new ERP system frequently. Choose someone for the role who is organized, thorough, and a good communicator.
- Form a representative project group: It’s important to have members from every department on the project team so that all needs are represented. The actual project team may be a smaller subset of the larger group, but all stakeholders should be represented during the project requirements phase.
- Create a project plan with ROI: A project plan with detailed ROI metrics, milestones, and measurements will help executive staff understand the benefits of the ERP project and how to measure its success.
- Work with an experienced Acumatica vendor: An experienced Acumatica vendor understands the system and has the benefit of past implementation projects to learn from and guide your implementation. Experience, good product knowledge, and a strong training and service component are also important for project success.
There’s much more to learn to build a successful Acumatica ERP project implementation. Be sure to download the two white papers, Building the Best ERP Project Team and Choosing an ERP Implementation Partner, for more information.
Mindover Software provides business software and solutions to companies big and small. We welcome your inquiry and can assist you with your accounting and warehouse management software needs. Contact us.